The Cable Guy
You’ve seen those classic fisherman jumpers and they may have seemed intimidating, complicated and unapproachable. Let’s demystify knitting cables and plant the seed for a gorgeous jumper.
Try out a few simple cable patterns and learn how to read cable charts. By the end of this in person workshop, we hope you'll feel like a knitting magician and crave a cable cast on!
- 2x2 right leaning
- 2x2 left leaning
- 100g double knit (8ply) wool (included $38 value)
- 4mm needles (provided/available to purchase or bring your own)
- cable needle (provided/available to purchase or bring your own)
- stitch markers (provided/available to purchase or bring your own)
- scissors (provided/available to purchase or bring your own)
- a method to take notes if you like (you provide)
- date: Wednesday, 28 February
- time: 5:45 to 7:45pm
- location: Prosper Yarn 54 Ponsonby Road
We try our best to make our photos as accurate as possible but every screen displays colour slightly differently, so we cannot guarantee complete accuracy. Hand-dyed yarns vary from one batch to the next so there will always be some variation between the photo and each individual skein.
Part of the hand dyed allure is each skein's individuality. This gives final objects depth and nuance. With this in mind we recommend alternating skeins (every other row in flat knitting and every row in circular knitting) on larger projects creating a more cohesive blend.