Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks who cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship and beautiful, simple things in life.
The intention at Laine is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl - It's a feeling.
Laine includes patterns from the leading knitwear designers, insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes and strong, visual storytelling.
Issue 14 - available now!
Issue 14, Summer 2022, is inspired by the light Nordic summer nights – gentle, delicate and carefree. The Northern hemisphere beloved summers are so short and sweet, that even the wee small hours feel too precious to spend asleep. The 10 designs featured in this summer collection embody that summer night’s magic and explore colourwork, texture and delicate details.
This issue includes:
- 10 knitting patterns (both charts and written instructions provided) See the Pattern previews here
- Lito, a sweet short-sleeved sweater pattern (pictured) by Maria Walters which is knitted in our very own Supersoft by Holst Garn - Nougat, Sunrise & Tundra. Feel free to change up your colours with the other Holst Garn yarn bases here.
- an interview with knitwear designer Aleks Byrd whose debut book is published in May 2022 by Laine Publishing
- articles about Sisters United and also about vegan knitting
- a column about the challenge of running into a creative rut by our regular columnist Päivi Kankaro
- a column about how to find comfort in learning a new craft by our regular columnist Jeanette Sloan
- seasonal recipes, book reviews and of course, the Laine Favourites section.
Designers featured in this issue: Isabella Clark, Evgeniya Dupliy, Lindsey Fowler, Katrine Hannibal, Ema Marinescu, Claudia Quintanilla, Maria Walters and Sylvia Watts-Cherry.
148 pages, Print only. No digital download code available
Issue 13 - Winter
This issue showcases gender-neutral designs that work as the foundation for any wardrobe. The 11 designs featured in our winter collection are classic and long-lasting; ones that could be borrowed from your spouse’s, friend’s or parent’s closet.
This issue includes:
- 10 knitting patterns & 1 crochet pattern, beautifully photographed and illustrated
- an interview with Danish knitwear designer Lærke Bagger
- an article about June Cashmere
- an article about ChiaoGoo
- an article about the importance of crafting and creativity by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro
- seasonal recipes
- book reviews
- Laine Favourites section.
Designers featured in this issue: Susan Chin, Susan Crawford, Sidsel Grau Petersen, Midori Hirose, Susanna Kaartinen, Inyoung Kim, Hanna Maciejewska, Mariya Matveeva, Paula Pereira, Maiju Räsänen and Griselda Zárate.
148 pages, Print only. No digital download code available.
We try our best to make our photos as accurate as possible but every screen displays colour slightly differently, so we cannot guarantee complete accuracy. Hand-dyed yarns vary from one batch to the next so there will always be some variation between the photo and each individual skein.
Part of the hand dyed allure is each skein's individuality. This gives final objects depth and nuance. With this in mind we recommend alternating skeins (every other row in flat knitting and every row in circular knitting) on larger projects creating a more cohesive blend.